Monday, June 15, 2009

A recruiter who wouldn't speak about recruiting

Buried deep in Rachel Raskin-Zrihen's Uncle Sam wants you -- maybe in the Contra Costa Times was this gold nugget:
A local . . . recruiter who declined to reveal his name, said his service branch is also seeing more people wanting in, and fewer leaving once their tours are up.
Er, whatever happened to speaking about what you know? He's a recruiter, right, so everything he said was within his scope. No need to be coy.

Compare Petty Officer I'm-not-going-to-tell-you-my-name to this:
Kelly Walker of Tracy, 24, serves . . . at the Vallejo Station. She said she's been with the [service] about 1 1/2 years.

"I was living in Florida, bartending, and that got old fast," Walker said to explain why she joined the [smallest branch of the military]. "I had done Sea Cadets as a kid and really liked that, and I wanted to find a career."

Walker said she considered the Navy, but settled on the [sister service] and has not regretted her decision. She said she especially enjoys the search and rescue and law enforcement aspects of the job.

"I'm glad I joined when I did. I have a roommate who lost her job and that's an eye-opener," she added. "Compared to people trying to hack it in the real world, this is great."
That's the way to do it.

1 comment:

  1. Glad I'm stumbled upon to this blog, the content is very information thanks for sharing such piece of knowledge with us.
    Feel Free to check out my technology blog theviraltech.com

    ReplyDelete